Buenavista and Barrio Viejo Recommendations

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Ernie Gorrie desde 24.69.19.187 (S010600045a22feb8.gv.shawcable.net) el día jueves, 28 de diciembre, 2006 a las 14:08:00 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Here's A "Troncones" "Restaurant" "Suggestion" escrito por dchinn desde 69.239.31.45 (ppp-69-239-31-45.dsl.skt2ca.pacbell.net) el día miércoles, 27 de diciembre, 2006 a las 20:48:42 horas :

There is a little cenaduria in Buenavista on the west side of the street. I believe it is called Cenaduria Mine. I have had dinner there a couple of times and had good food. You can't actually see it from the road, but there is a sign for something else called "Mine" that is visible from the road. (I think it is Miscelania Mine.)

But I'm pretty sure it is a cenaduria, i.e., serves evening meals, but not daytime meals.

Last month my wife and I stopped early in the afternoon at a little place on the east side Ruta 200, just north of the southern tope (and south of the northern tope). I think the sign just said, Pollo al Carbon. There was also a sign that said Pollo y Coco. It was next to a tire tienda.

The chicken was done on a barrel grill and was nice and smokey. It came with fresh chopped cabbage and beans on the side and tortillas. The cabbage wasn't really a coleslaw, it was coarsely chopped with only a small amount of vinegarish dressing and was very refreshing.

The total for two meals, including one cerveza and one refresco was M$84.

I think they start serving around noon, as we stopped there again at around 11:00 AM one day but the chicken wasn't ready yet.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO