Hector y Ramón Olea

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.29.36 (dsl-189-147-29-36.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 11 de enero, 2007 a las 21:29:46 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Trip Report 12/30-1/6 (short) escrito por Toni desde 68.93.98.95 (adsl-68-93-98-95.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) el día jueves, 11 de enero, 2007 a las 20:27:35 horas :

I agree that Hector and his brother Ramón are most cool, and they give excellent fishing and snorkeling tours. I also know they respect our natural environment, so I don't think they would wish to encourage people to grab sea sponges for cleaning their face masks or to otherwise disturb marine life. ;~)

I was an underwater tour guide at Buck Island National Park in St. Croix (back in a former life) and I've been snorkeling with Hector and he always showed a deep appreciation for preserving and protecting our marine environment, as do the other snorkeling services I list such as Picante Sailing Cruises and Capitán David Otero.

Hector can be reached via his brother Ramón's website, Oleaje Sportfishing Charters or the phone numbers listed for him on my Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa Activities, Charters and Tours page. You'll also find him on the porch at Casa Marina next to the basketball court most late afternoons/early evenings hanging out with the Krebs family and a mix of regular and not-so-regular visitors.

Gracias, Karen, for the trip report. I especially liked the part about your non-fish-eating 22-year old daughter. Sounds like she had a life-changing experience here, and as I have been known to say a time or two... that's what Zihuatanejo is all about! =)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO