Último Adiós a Jean Claude

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.71.22 (dsl-189-147-71-22.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 23 de enero, 2007 a las 18:38:00 horas :

One of Zihuatanejo's most well-known, beloved and colorful residents, Jean Claude Durand, passed away today in a Mexico City hospital after health complications. Jean Claude, whose father Carlo built their home at Playa Las Gatas back in the 50's, arrived here in the early 70's and eventually opened Carlo Scuba, now run by his son Thierry. Jean Claude lived a life most of us only dream about in his quiet tropical paradise at Las Gatas. Always with a keen eye for lovely women, he lived a tropical bachelor's lifestyle and enjoyed his life to the fullest, as his famous bra collection on the wall at his open-air home is testament to. Jean Claude's was where I took Keith Richards and his family to spend a quiet day away from the La Ropa crowds when they were here in January of '95.

With his passing not only does Las Gatas lose a monumental icon, but Zihuatanejo loses one of its beloved neighbors who added so much to the charm and beauty and uniqueness of our small community.

My wife, Lupita, and I offer our sincerest sympathies to our friends Thierry and Carla at the loss of their father, and we shall always remember Jean Claude and the wonderful, fun and often hilarious moments we spent with him throughout the decades.

Que en paz descanses, nuestro querido amigo.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO