Re: Último Adiós a Jean Claude

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 66.74.63.85 (cpe-66-74-63-85.dc.res.rr.com) el día martes, 23 de enero, 2007 a las 20:50:19 horas :

En respuesta a: Último Adiós a Jean Claude escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.71.22 (dsl-189-147-71-22.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 23 de enero, 2007 a las 18:38:00 horas :

I'm shocked and saddened to hear of Jean Claude's death. Even though I knew he was ill, it still is a shock to imagine that he is gone. He is one of those people who formed a kind of identification of an era... an era of Las Gatas and Zihuatanejo. I lived 6 years on Las Gatas next door to him, married to his old friend and cohort, Noyo. Countless hours were spent at delightful dinners at his palapa with always interesting groups of people from all over. The stories are endless.

Beside being famous for his hosptality (and especially his gallant 'Frenchmen' style lady-charming) Jean Claude, owner of Carlo Scuba, was one of those dedicated to trying to protect Las Gatas beach. He was instrumental in the formation of the Civil Association formed there to protect the beach and it's reef.

Jean Claude had been a University professor teaching math in Mexico City in his earlier life before moving to Las Gatas when he was still young. He inherited his father's scuba business on Las Gatas and carried out his dream life that Rob refers to for these many years. He raised his two children since they were young, as a single father - with much love and dedication. His son Thierry runs Carlo Scuba now on Las Gatas.

Jean Claude's passing marks the end of an era. May he rest in peace in a heaven filled with topless beauties, lots of Coq au van, good wine, and an endless view of ocean at his bare feet.

Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO