Great meal in Zihua-La Hija del Capitan

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por LadyM desde 189.147.79.47 (dsl-189-147-79-47.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día sábado, 03 de febrero, 2007 a las 22:13:33 horas :

There were 4 of us tonight who had some of the best food I have ever eaten in Mexico. The name of the place is Hija del Capitan, (The Captain's Daughter). The owner is Tanya Jones. Tanya and her brother, Kenny, pretty much run the whole show. The place is on Nicolas Bravo and is upstairs from La Playa Bar. This place is a sort of hand me down place of the Captains Table of long ago. By saying that I mean that the Captains Table Restaurant which served Zihuatanejo for many years was owned and operated by the parents of Kenny and Tanya Jones. The Captain (Oliver) is deceased but the Mother, Luz Maria de la Garza is alive and well and still lives in Zihuatanejo.

Back to the food part. Ordered at the table was barbequed ribs that came with salad, corn on the cob and french fries. That was what I ordered and for sure it was the best meal I have ever had in Mexico and I have been coming here for a long time. Lasagna that was served with salad and tasted wonderful. A barbeque hamberger that had an overabundance of bacon and cheese as well as all the fixings and french fries was as good a beef as I have eaten. And lastly was a chicken breast dish cooked with wine and a mustard sause and served with salad and vegetables. I could not try the chicken as I was already too full of all the other things. Had so many ribs that I brought half of them home. Pina coladas were tasty enough that we had several.

Believe me, I will be going to this restaurant over and over while I am here this time in Zihuatanejo.

Oh! and did I tell you the food was GREAT.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO