Re: Zihuatanejo in September?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 69.19.14.32 (dpc691914032.direcpc.com) el día martes, 06 de febrero, 2007 a las 13:48:19 horas :

En respuesta a: Zihuatanejo in September? escrito por Gregorio desde 67.169.93.44 (c-67-169-93-44.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) el día lunes, 05 de febrero, 2007 a las 02:22:06 horas :

Hello Gregorio,

I think you'll find September to be very much like October... even late October. The temperature doesn't rise much compared to the winter but the humidity level does. That gives the feeling of more heat and calls for a few adjustments to life style to accommodate it comfortably. It might or might rain lightly or strongly... with wind maybe... but rarely so much as to prevent tourist activities.

You can think of it as 'find your spot in cool shade in a hammock where you can sip a cold drink while immersing yourself in a great book, noticing the occasional roaring downpours of cooling rain - noticing, because of the luscious feeling it gives to relax in that way' weather... and 'avoid unnecessary activity' weather.

The plusses...If you are in love, you'll feel more so. If you are not, you may find yourself feeling as if you were anyway... even if there is no one person eliciting that for the moment. If you are stressed, you'll slow down by force and relax to depths you may not have known possible.

This is our hibernation season. You may read many books, or find out how much fun it is to sit with the neighbors and chat, watching the rain if we are lucky enough to have a lot. The rain never lasts long and clear blue skies in the morning are the usual rule, followed by thunderstorms in the late afternoon and cooling rains lulling you to sleep during the night. This is my personal favorite time of the year.

The down side... The humidity level is much higher than in the winter. Some of us don't love high humidity. (I happen to like it, reminding me of midwest or southern summers, sipping cool ice tea on the veranda with fans.) Being in the ocean or a pool and taking many showers throughout the day helps a lot. Staying wet furthers.

The greater down side may be the higher numbers of mosquitos going along with higher humidity. There are many remedies for these guys and most tourist places have them under control as far as accommodations go, but there are those unfortunate 'decoy' sacrificial lamb persons who attract them more than others and will encounter them on the beach and out and around. If you are one of those persons, come prepared.

Oh, and it's more hot... did I say that? My solution for that is not to move too far from your cool place and stay wet. Leave the running around in hot Centro of Zihua or Petatlan for the early mornings or later evenings... following the lead of the locals. Jump in the ocean, lagoon or pool many times in the early or late day, lie in hammock with fan blowing on you while sipping a frozen margarita or agua de jamaica...gazing at glorious colors of the bougainvillea and hibiscus against the palms and melding blue sea-sky, getting back to that book. It's great!

But then, pretty much it's always great around here in my humble opinion.

Hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO