Trip Report...

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Susan MN desde 70.89.203.249 (70-89-203-249-BusName-minnesota.hfc.comcastbusiness.net) el día martes, 20 de febrero, 2007 a las 16:43:37 horas :

Hello all! As a first timer to Z, I must say that I was blown away by the beauty of the area and the kindness of the people. Sure, there is pollution and poverty - but where on this world isn't there some form of either in every place? Z and it's people over shadowed any negative aspect of our trip. We arrived on Sunday the 8th and went directly to the home we rented through Judith W. and it far exceeded our expectations. Personally, I thought the entire area of Z was well kept and I never felt unsafe. A couple of times I took the bus into town, by myself with no problems. When we did go into town as a group (6 people), many times I broke off from the group and shopped on my own only to meet up with the group later. I used my debit card - WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL - to withdrawal cash. My favorite food item was Sopes - we ate at many local places - sorry to say I can't recall all of the names - but some are Tamale Annies(?), the Fat Mermaid, Rossy's, 3 Amigo's and many other smaller places. We went deep Sea fishing on the Illusion II - Irving and his crew where the best and lots of fun. We ended up catching a 90 pound sail fish and some Mackerel - which we ultimately used for bait. We went to the board party at Bandido's and met other Minnesotans and WI people - BUT the most amazing person I met was Lady M!!! She told us all about her journey that led her to Z and even invited us to her home - which was quite amazing. Her mother, who lives with her, wrote a book about her adventures in travel - I have been reading it and it is a wonderful book! I wanted to meet up with Rebeca, who runs the Humane Society, but never hooked up with her. The only thing that saddened me was seeing the stray dogs on the beach. I would often take some lunch meat to the beach to give to them; I just wish people would be more responsible for their pets and have them fixed - BUT HEY - we have many people in my own hometown that have pets and shouldn't. IF ANY OF YOU HAVE SPARE $$$ PLEEEAAASSSSEEEEEEE consider donating to Rebeca's animal shelter! She is doing a wonderful deed by caring for the many sick and unwanted animals. Her work is featured on Rob's web site. I have been sending her money from home over the past year - every little bit helps - even 5 or 10 dollars goes a long way! We went to Las Gatas one day and had a wonderful time - the beach is beautiful there with more snorkeling formations than on La Ropa - so if you go, take a mask! The only thing I didn't understand about the area beaches was all of the puffer fish and eels that were washed onto the beach each morning - I tired inquiring about that, but didn't really get an answer. All in all, we had a great time and will be back again!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO