What I think...

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Brian desde 69.64.193.6 (69.64.193.6.nyc.electricfiber.net) el día jueves, 22 de febrero, 2007 a las 13:23:32 horas :

En respuesta a: Something along that line... escrito por Lani desde 12.73.130.84 (84.minneapolis-07rh16rt-08rh15rt.mn.dial-access.att.net) el día jueves, 22 de febrero, 2007 a las 09:22:36 horas :

I'm not going to be naive and pretend they are all saints, but for the most part - the people of I/Z are some of the most nicest, caring, accommodating, friendly people I have ever encountered in my travels...which would explain my multiple returns. I can't possibly imagine my hometown being so open to "guests." Granted, they offer sun and surf simply not found in my town, and I suppose we offer a source of revenue in an area where it's difficult to find, but it would be easy to just let us do our thing. Over the years we have befriended cab drivers, restaurant owners, waiters/waitresses, caddies, grounds keepers, business owners and more... They have opened their homes, introduced us to their families, invited us to their celebrations, taught us their traditions, and more. The scenery, the beaches, the weather make a place like I/Z special. The friendly "holas," the warm smiles, their patience as I butcher their language, their manners, their politeness, their spirit, (and possibly some of the baked goods) are what makes I/Z paradise.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO