trip report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Muskox37 desde 207.6.217.39 (d207-6-217-39.bchsia.telus.net) el día martes, 06 de marzo, 2007 a las 11:44:07 horas :

We just had a fine week in Zihua, finding and staying at Citlali, swimming at La Ropa, eating at Garrobos, Jarocho and Coconuts [which I found from this message board] and meeting a new group of friends from Canada and the United States. I was also able to catch up on my reading and, in the absence of television, to forget politics and news for a week. My wife and I don't really ask for more.

The weather was fabulous and, in our experience, there is no finer beach on the west coast of Mexico than La Ropa.

We also found Nicholas and his father producing hamburgers Mexican style [topped with sliced avocado, salsa, cheese, thin ham and thin bacon instead of with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard] on Juan Alvarez. His burgers were as good as any I have eaten in Canada and, washed down with a cold beer from the nearby convenience store, made for an economical supper when we needed to store up for the next expensive night at Coconuts or . We topped the burgers off with ice cream from the Italian ice cream outlet up the street. This all cost about a hundred pesos or so.

We really enjoyed the occasional beer at Rick's and caught Josy's singing. Her performance of "Zihuatanejo" seemed particularly apt for the ambience of this still small Mexican town.

Citlali, and, I am sure, Suzy, are good places to stay if you don't want to blow a wad to sleep somewhere. Our whole vacation cost around two thousand Canadian dollars. For a week away from the cold winds and rain it was well worth it.

Bob & Edna

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO