Re: Business report badly misrepresented

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.56.159 (dsl-189-147-56-159.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 27 de marzo, 2007 a las 21:31:13 horas :

En respuesta a: Business report badly misrepresented escrito por stew desde 189.147.45.173 (dsl-189-147-45-173.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 27 de marzo, 2007 a las 20:54:48 horas :

I'm hearing the same thing from many of my clients who provide lodging services as well. Some are already totally booked for January and February of next year. Vacationers for Semana Santa are already arriving (some folks get their vacations early so that others can take theirs at the normal time) and many rental properties are already booked solid for the next 3 weeks.

The only bad news is that the Autopista del Sol is in deplorable condition with many accidents being caused by people literally bouncing right off the road. The "responsible authorities" first promised it would be repaired by Semana Santa, but today they announced that repair work won't be finished until July. It is one of the most expensive toll roads in the country, and even the Governor said the fees are excessive due to the conditions. Locally, the main boulevard in Ixtapa is still in terrible condition as repairs that have been underway for about a half a year have been halted for weeks now with no explanation. First it was promised by local officials that these repairs would be finished before the Christmas high season, but now it looks like these will also be still underway well into the summer. If I didn't know better I'd almost be led to believe that our own authorities were conspiring against us to drive tourism away to some other destination.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO