Barra de Potosi-Casa Puesta del Sol -AWESOME!!!!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Suzie from Montana desde 216.14.236.11 (216-14-236-11.static.blackfoot.net) el día sábado, 31 de marzo, 2007 a las 11:31:37 horas :

We stayed in Barra from March 21st to 27th at Casa Puesta del Sol, which is owned by Syd & LaRae Baker (Canadian)!Our stay was very relaxing & I thought the beach at Barra was much more superior than Ixtapa or Zihua. (MUCH CLEANER & LESS PEOPLE)We eat at the enramadas that they suggested and at Rosi's in town. The caretakers were wonderful - Tito & Karmen & 2 small children - were so kind and helpful! He even rode with us to the Mercado to make sure we could find it. Barra is very small and undeveloped we often felt like we were in a National Geographic special! If you love nature & exploring then you will love Barra. We saw lots of Gecko's, tree frogs, crabs, snails, birds, & fish AND the day AFTER we left a baby hump back whale wash up to shore! (not sure what happened) We never did get even a belly ache in Mexico!!! But......... on our 2nd day home my daughter & I began to have stomach upset. (not diarrhea) We have traveled in Mexico before and know what Montezuma's revenge is like and this is different. We think we got it from Alaska Airlines Hamburger we ate!!! on the way HOME!!! We are taking cipro just in case!!! If anyone has ANY questions about La Barra please contact me it truely was a TRIP OF A LIFE TIME!!! Now I know why some people don't want the secret out! It is a gem of a place!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO