trip report - 3/14 to 4/05

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ski99 desde 4.163.245.66 (dialup-4.163.245.66.Dial1.Denver1.Level3.net) el día sábado, 07 de abril, 2007 a las 13:33:25 horas :

this was my third trip to troncones and i have wanted to post a report but never have. this year i spent three weeks in troncones (the first 10 days by myself and the next 11 days with my wife and 22 month old baby).

accommodations-

we have always stayed at casas gregorio. would not even think about staying anywhere else. we were in the bungalow. just right for the three of us. we brought along the portable crib for our baby. i had trouble sleeping for the first couple of nights but i found that sleeping in the hammock with the sound of the waves in the backround was just perfect. the pool was very pleasing (they even have a pool for the kid's). our baby has NO FEAR of the water, so i think that he enjoyed the pool more than both of us. rene and his wife keep casas gregorio looking beautiful. his wife cleaned our bungalow everyday (except on sundays) and made it look like it was our very first day there. the heart and soul of casas gregorio is ernesto. he is around 24/7 and if you have any questions about what to do, where to go, where to eat just ask him. he is also a pretty damn good guitar player also!!

restaurants-

hacienda at eden- the best place to eat in troncones. went to the bbq on sunday and the ribs are to die for. the pizza and steak are also very tasty. the chef's name is dayne and he runs a good restaurant.

cafe del sol- great place to watch any sports events. very good and cheap food. cheap beer!!

la costa brava- good fish and steak. good service.

troncones steak house- just opened up. very disappointed. steak was not made to order. was over charged and charged for things that we never ordered. paid bill and was given the incorrect change back. a bad experience.

inn @ manzanillo bay- great steak and fish. very expensive. 40 pesos for a bottle of beer? slow service.

burro braccho- my wife's favorate. great shrimp.

surfing-

troncones beach break- surfed just out front of casas gregorio. the wave varied from day to day. very hard breaking wave. short rides. very hallow.

the ranch- surfed there almost very day. had several big days there. most days were about 4 foot. the biggest days were 8 foot with 10 foot sets. some days were crowded with around 25 people in the water.

already thinking about next years trip to troncones. we left with footsteps in the sand and were greeted with footsteps in the snow. hola ernesto and see you next year.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO