Re: ĦAgua potable en Troncones! Terrific news!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Ernesto desde 189.147.12.107 (dsl-189-147-12-107.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 12 de abril, 2007 a las 09:25:56 horas :

En respuesta a: ĦAgua potable en Troncones! Terrific news! escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.70.24 (dsl-189-147-70-24.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 12 de abril, 2007 a las 00:47:30 horas :

Yes there is a story and I will do My best to Get it correct. A handful of the Expats that live in Troncones decided to take measures in their own Hands. They hired an Engineer to search for an aquifer and one was located over the mountains behind Jaguar tours, These dedicated Expats then put up their own $$$$$ to drill a well, water was found at 50 meters and the well was drilled down to 90 meters. This was all done last season. When I got back from Vacation last Sept. I rode with Dewey to the well and water was flowing from the pipe. it was clear, sweet and plentiful. I drank a glass and waited for the revenge. It never came. This year with hours of work by the Dedicated Few and much help from La Union a new Cisterna was built on the Hill overlooking Troncones a 300,000 liter beauty. La Union laid pipes from the well to the cisterna ,The Ejido paid to have the Electric run to the well and also donated the land where the well is located. A test pumping was done and the well produced a constant 15 liters a second. It was then decided to hook the new well to the old piping and with much help from Eliseo Sanchez repairing the many breaks in the pipes, it was turned on 2 weeks ago this coming Saturday. Last night at Cafe Sol, Lee & Betsy Ramsdell reported that they had water. They live about 5 lots this side of Majahua.
Chilpancingo has promised $$$ to lay all new piping in the Village and the entire Beachfront. ( Time will tell )
A Big Hats Off and Thank You to Our Dedicated Few as Troncones HAS WATER !!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO