Trip Report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Marie desde 216.211.181.186 (block-216.211.181.186.montanasat.net) el día jueves, 14 de junio, 2007 a las 20:41:56 horas :

My family and I just got back from our first trip to Zih. We had a great time. Stayed at the Villa Mexicana, it was nice, I'm grateful we had a room with a view. Went to many wonderful restaurants to eat, it was GREAT! Took many, many, walks along La Ropa Beach. Went to Isla Istapa, what a great place! Horseback riding in Playa Larga. Las Gatas was nice also. On our last day we figured out we could go all the way to the Center of town in Zih. on the beach from our hotel, wish we had figured that out earlier, but better late than never, it was a wonderful walk. The weather was hot and humid, which we expected, got back to our home town in Montana and it's been high 60s!!!! A bit of a difference.

Now for the highlight of our trip, through this message board we hooked up with a taxi driver,Carlos, he took us to several villages to distribute clothes and toys we brought with us for the families there, and also took us to see people he knew personally in these villages. We were so impressed with the people, very greatful, friendly, and graceous, we hope that in a small way we were able to show God's love to these dear folks. Very humbling experience.
Actually most of the people we encountered in our trip were very great.

I highly recommend Carlos, E-Mail me if anyone wants to contact him. He also took us around site seeign, he is a wonderful man, they have 4 children. And although we could of probably done some of these things on our own, I feel we were able to help him and his family a bit also.

Thank you to many of you that help us with alot of questions, I really appreciated!! I think this is it for now, God Bless

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO