Re: Patzcuaro Pics for Judi in Ok ar anyone else

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por mrsmcford desde 200.76.103.131 (131.103.76.200.static.redip.inext.net.mx) el día martes, 26 de junio, 2007 a las 17:28:34 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Patzcuaro Pics for Judi in Ok ar anyone else escrito por judi in OKlahoma desde 63.105.65.6 (?) el día martes, 26 de junio, 2007 a las 14:47:15 horas :

I am glad you liked the pics. Some of them are during Dia de los Muertos others at various times and places, Morelia, Cunajo, Sta. Clara del Cobre and the cemetary at Tzinztuzan. I am not an expert but what I have observed is that the families take big pic nics to the cemetaries and spend the whole night there, cooking and eating and partying. It actually goes on for a couple of days, one night being for the departed children and the next night for the adultos. It is a fascinating time to be here, there are many different traditions associated with the whole Day of the Dead observance. And to one of the other people that posted, Rob is right, it is not a good trip for 1 day only. I think 3 nights is good for your first time but if you can only do 2 then that is better than none !!! Hope to see you all up here enjoying our town !!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO