Bad Development

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.10.35 (dsl-189-147-10-35.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 09 de agosto, 2007 a las 11:00:37 horas :

En respuesta a: New Hotel Development escrito por Scuba Steve desde 65.107.187.162 (65.107.187.162.ptr.us.xo.net) el día jueves, 09 de agosto, 2007 a las 10:31:41 horas :

Next to Il Mare is a condo project being built by people from the USA who are allegedly violating building codes for which reason the owner of the Kau-Kan filed a formal complaint against them, especially since they blocked a major part of his view. I believe they were ruled in violation and have to remove a floor, but I'm not positive.

Across the bay is Montecristo, another ecocidal development of private luxury homes that is allegedly currently under investigation for various infractions related to dumping debris in the bay and possibly raw sewage. Last week a fishermen described to me the condition of Playa Contramar (the beach across the bay from La Ropa) saying the water was full of garbage and debris and was basically unswimmable, and this was NOT due to rain since at that time it had not rained for weeks. It is worth noting that this project is owned by the same people that brough us Puerto Mío and placed a jetty that blocked the natural currents of our bay severely aggravating our pollution problem and speeding up the silting in of the bay. There is NO love lost between these developers and the Zihuatanejo community, but apparently our "responsible authorities" like their money.

It is projects like these that are ruining our local environment and causing quite a bit of local animosity towards developers as well as dooming Zihuatanejo to a bleak future.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO