Re: Some 'splaining to do

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.10.35 (dsl-189-147-10-35.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 09 de agosto, 2007 a las 15:56:58 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Some 'splaining to do escrito por Phil in Toronto desde 69.159.192.154 (TOROON01-1168097434.sdsl.bell.ca) el día jueves, 09 de agosto, 2007 a las 14:56:37 horas :

By "follow the money" I mean look at the protagonists. At this point PROCOMAR would appear to be the principal beneficiary, but their website reveals little of use about the company or its investors.
www.procomar.com.mx

I find it an eerie and cold website that appears more designed to conceal than to inform, which is revealing enough in itself.

They seem to do quite a bit of work for the Mexican government: federal contracts awarded this year to PROCOMAR

And PROCOMAR's contract for the pier in Zihuatanejo seems to have a budget that precludes it being built anywhere but Zihuatanejo Bay. Call me a believer in conspiracy theory, but it sure looks to me like Zihuatanejo's community is being backed into a corner and that we aren't being told the whole truth. If we allow the pier, we're obviously screwed. But if we block the pier we will be accused of denying jobs and income to the needy and refusing limited federal assistance that we're always clamoring for, and that will add fuel to the politicians' speeches in their next elections when they go after to populist vote of the impoverished and allow them to cast us (the relatively more affluent community members) in a negative light as well as any candidate(s) that we might back. Now if whoever set up this contract to begin with already knew it would be blocked and by whom (which wasn't a tough guess to make) then that would explain the obviously too low budget.

So the web becomes deeper and more entangled the more you look into it, and the people who could profit aren't just developers.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO