Re: Imagine THIS In Our Bay!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Fran desde 207.118.218.211 (207-118-218-211.dyn.centurytel.net) el día sábado, 11 de agosto, 2007 a las 19:36:45 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Imagine THIS In Our Bay! escrito por LadyM desde 72.35.99.135 (rdbck-6472.palmer.mtaonline.net) el día sábado, 11 de agosto, 2007 a las 15:26:17 horas :

The pier is only the beginning of what would happen. It seems to me that the entire area around the egress of the pier area (the naval station property, maybe) would have to be redeveloped and turned into a staging area for passenger management. I think about places like St. Thomas where ships come in and the entire area around the landing sites are given over to the needs of cruise passengers and passenger management. It would change the character of the town irrevocably. It would become just another anonymous cruise port, as far as I can tell. Same cookie cutter arrangement. And very little town left.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO