Re: One More Reason To Despise Puerto Mío

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.3.84 (dsl-189-147-3-84.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 22 de agosto, 2007 a las 12:36:26 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: One More Reason To Despise Puerto Mío escrito por Phil in Toronto desde 69.159.192.154 (TOROON01-1168097434.sdsl.bell.ca) el día miércoles, 22 de agosto, 2007 a las 11:55:31 horas :

Oh yes, Montecristo is their baby all right. They are also apparently receiving protection from federal officials at SEMARNAT, though a local fishing co-op has filed suit against them for ecological damage to the bay, and the local PROFEPA official, the sort of "police" branch of SEMARNAT, who is a friend but is woefully underfunded and understaffed (do you think on purpose?) says all he can do is make sure they comply with the conditions of their permits. During a visit the other day by the PROFEPA official he allegedly commented that they do not appear to be in compliance with their permits. I have spoken with folks in the fishing co-op who are filing the suit, and they say that Montecristo has caused a lot of erosion into the marine areas where local co-op divers fish ruining the areas. Their "development" has pretty well devastated the entire point they sit on with roads blasted into the small hill but no drainage except directly into the bay. Local fishermen say they have completely ruined Contramar and that it is full of pollution and runoff from the encroaching Puerto Mío developments on all sides.

Though I don't expect developers to have honorable scruples or moral values (since that's the ugly side of capitalism that no capitalist wants to discuss or recognize), I can't help but question the morals and intelligence of people who buy properties at such places, but I guess any fool with enough money can buy anything nowadays; it just amazes me that there are so many fools with that much money.

Thanks for steering folks away from these atrocities and their services.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO