Re: Absolute inevitability of development (Let's not despair)

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Elena de Tacoma desde 131.191.64.48 (0016174b88e2.click-network.com) el día jueves, 13 de septiembre, 2007 a las 23:04:56 horas :

En respuesta a: Absolute inevitability of development (RE: Laura's worst nightmare) escrito por Brainsurgeon desde 70.242.7.163 (adsl-70-242-7-163.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net) el día jueves, 13 de septiembre, 2007 a las 22:24:24 horas :

That's why I contribute to the Nature Conservancy. They buy land to protect in perpetuity. They work locally and all around the world. I see they have a Mexican chapter, but my Spanish is not good enough to read their web site. Here in Washington state they have helped to facilitate land swaps between lumber companies and parks, as well as outright purchases of land.
Another good organization to support along these lines is the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). And if you don't mind being seen as a far left liberal (I don't) there is always Greenpeace.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO