Who knows?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 66.82.9.106 (dpc6682009106.direcpc.com) el día viernes, 14 de septiembre, 2007 a las 18:34:30 horas :

En respuesta a: scam escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.35.231 (dsl-189-147-35-231.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 13 de septiembre, 2007 a las 19:05:11 horas :

Could very well be a scam. However, Nuxco is one of the 6 developments that form part of the "Corredor Turistico" which is the name given to the planned development of Fonatur with the Fed and State governments to get rid of those wasted estuary systems and fill Guerrero with rich Americans and Canadians thereby reducing poverty - statistically at least >:-,

You've heard me mentioning this project because it's the one that also includes Barra de Potosi. We have the (dis)honor of being the second largest of the six planned 'eco'developments ('eco' because of the palapa roofs thrown on top of a couple of the 5 star hotels - we won't mention the 18 hole golf courses on top of what presently are turtle sanctuaries and pristine dunes not to mention the destroyed mangroves and estuary systems filled with marinas etc) with 6500 rentable rooms.

About the funding Fonatur has available... who knows that as well? Their part is the infrastructure while the rest is farmed out to private enterprise (huge luxury chains mostly). Maybe they haven't finished Ixtapa because they have some other reason. The 4 lane highway is presently under construction... in sections. The part between Petatlan and the Zihua-Ixtapa irport is already begun. It is interesting to note on Fonatur's own site, the following buletin:

BOLETIN No. 01 / 2006

Programa Regional de Desarrollo del Corredor Acapulco – Zihuatanejo en la Costa Grande de Guerrero

México, D. F., a 26 de enero de 2006.

http://www.fonatur.gob.mx/indexprensa.html

If the buildings are not yet built (as is the case in these pristine areas), they might use photos of already existing buildings they believe represent their intended style (with or without the owner's knowledge) so as to attract the (dollar) imagination of potential investors who lack their own imagination to picture untouched nature all covered with high-end (albeit palapa-ed) construction. This has been done before hasn't it?

It would be so nice to see at least one of these areas protected as a national park. I vote for from La Barra to the other side of Valentin... por La Barrita. Did you all know that the State of Guerrero with all it's beauty has not even one National or State Park? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO