Changitos!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 66.82.9.106 (dpc6682009106.direcpc.com) el día viernes, 14 de septiembre, 2007 a las 19:47:15 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Here's a way to help... escrito por Vancouvertony desde 64.180.73.167 (d64-180-73-167.bchsia.telus.net) el día viernes, 14 de septiembre, 2007 a las 15:56:10 horas :

Hi Tony,

We will keep our fingers crossed.... or as they say here, "Changitos" (monkeys...?)

We got some very good use from the scanner so far and in fact, I'd really like to have it working now as we have a project recording the locals stories about the tsunami. Some have great photos and I'd like to get them scanned and printed out as part of our project.

Problem is that the cable doesn't seem to be working. I promise we were careful with it and it was working fine. I have no idea why it would stop working. We can sometimes make it work but mostly it isn't working. Our plan is to take it into Zihua and see if we can match it.

Will you be coming soon? Another option is if we can look for it on ebay. I'd be happy to pay for it and have it delivered to you (or anyone else who might be coming down). I guess it's possible to do that here in Mexico but I'm so used to assuming sent things don't make it out here to La Barra.

The story telling project a great idea and we are excited about it. This will include making an 'onsite museum' at the library - telling the history of the village and stories of the local people. So having the scanner in working order now is really a priority for us to get those old photos digitalized.

Again, thank you so much for your help!

Hasta pronto,

Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO