Re: No ATVs on the beach - period

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 69.19.14.40 (dpc691914040.direcpc.com) el día viernes, 21 de septiembre, 2007 a las 02:24:04 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: No ATVs on the beach - period escrito por MikeKG desde 24.69.56.149 (S0106000d88979b9d.gv.shawcable.net) el día viernes, 21 de septiembre, 2007 a las 01:17:22 horas :

"You people"...? Who are you? Why do you think you have some kind of right to harm others? ...harm the Mexicans you condescendingly fail to know.

For my part, I've lived here for going on 20 years and married to a local Mexican. Why don't you stop by and meet me. On your way you can speak with some of my neighbors in La Barra and ask them how they feel about me having come to be part of this community. Maybe you can even ask them why they hate ATVs on their beach. (Are you able to do that in Spanish?) Then maybe we can communicate with each other our different perspectives about ATVs - with a little respect due to good people.

If you have an open mind (not the mind of a kid running away from someone 'telling him what to do'). Please take in the concept... "you can't do whatever you want in a world with other people". And here's another one..."you do not understand so much about the damage you do with ATV 'play' in sensitive ecological zones and places where the local economy is largely connected to an atmosphere of peace and tranquility with respect for nature. Read a little.

10 margaritas...? Sounds like you've got an alcohol problem. Get some help with that and then maybe you can take in the information that is readily available about how ATVs used as toys in parks and beaches destroy habitat, create air, water and noise pollution and endanger lives.

Since you don't seem to be aware of how it was in La Barra before people like you started arriving... there were no ATVs around here. The local people hate them for the same reasons I have delineated in my posts. The beaches were pristine and peaceful and full of wildlife. It's tourists like you who are introducing ATVs recently in a wave of invasive negative culture.

Have some respect for the local Mexican people of La Barra de Potosi... or maybe you should return to your 'Hell' and try to fix it rather than to run away from it with 10 margaritas thinking you can define Mexico with your insulting concepts of 'free to destroy'.

It's about peace and respect. ATVs are not wanted here by the people of Barra de Potosi for many good reasons. I just came from a village meeting and more people attended than I have seen in a long time. They plan to stop the ATVs on the beach. The interest is in protecting this place and this way of life. The interest is not in protecting your right to have fun on your ATV wherever and however you want regardless of the damage that does in a pristine place you don't begin to understand.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO