Re: reeling it back in from too far out

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Narc desde 199.102.9.67 (host67.mercuryinsurance.com) el día jueves, 27 de septiembre, 2007 a las 13:47:54 horas :

En respuesta a: reeling it back in from too far out escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.17.133 (dsl-189-147-17-133.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 27 de septiembre, 2007 a las 12:45:35 horas :

What happens when new low-paying jobs are created???

The reality is that very few locals will take jobs that are paying 4.50 dlls a day... yes!!! that is the minimum wage in Mexico and many hotels and businesses pay that much.
I learned this in my Econ 401 when I was in college... How much leisure are you willing to give up for 4.50 dlls a day???
If you go to locals-hangout place (AKA billares) and offer a job that will pay 5 dlls a day... they will spit on your face...(they wont really... but it is a way of saying).

So what happens when locals do not want to take low paying jobs??? New people arrive from (La Sierra) people that are willing to take 5 dlls a day. So you see the cycle there???

Some people would say that locals are lazy-flojos... the reality is that they are not willing to give up their leisure (surfing, soccer, etc..) time for 5 dlls a day.

So... what's the premise here??? they say that this pier will generate more jobs... do you really think that locals will be working for even 10 dlls a day… how many more jobs they are talking about??? the big winners will be the tour-operators like Mario among others. Rob says that construction companies bring their own crew… and that is 100% correct, they do not hire locals.

Mis 2 centavos…

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO