Re: Barra- Food , water concerns

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 66.82.9.85 (AC5-Webproxy68.direcpc.com) el día miércoles, 24 de octubre, 2007 a las 23:45:09 horas :

En respuesta a: Barra- Food , water concerns escrito por sue desde 71.215.205.112 (71-215-205-112.mpls.qwest.net) el día miércoles, 24 de octubre, 2007 a las 21:13:06 horas :

Hello Sue,

We all drink bottled around here. There is plenty of good purified bottled water available. All the restaurants use purified water (including in their ice).

The food is good in all the restaurants. I particularly like to recommend La Condesa. I consider it to be the cleanest kitchen and with the best(and most expanded) menu. It's on a good locat1on right where the ocean swimming is best. There are several other favorites of mine... like La Leticia facing the lagoon and on the oposite side of the lagoon Don Jose and Dona Dosa's (I never remember the name...I don't think anyone does. There's only one over there).

The evening restaurants in the village are wonderfully delicious and inexpensive. I like Rosy's the best... it's across the street from the kinder painted pink. (We like pink in la Barra. You'll notice several places painted pink)

For snorkeling, you can hire a boat and local captain to take you across the bay where there is a great coral reef at Playa Manzanillo. Probably the best snorkeling in the entire area. there is not snorkeling right on our beach. It has a sand bottom which makes for great swimming.

Many teenage boys might like to explore the lagoon by kayak, go horseback riding to see the virgin beach across the lagoon, go fishing and/or snorkeling by boat, go on an excursion to see the village of La Chole with it's musuem and hike to see the active archeological site or swim in the river of San Geronimito about 30 minutes away. Then there is always swimming in the lagoon and ocean right here, relaxing and reading in a hammock and feasting on fresh seafood.

They might like to explore the village, visit the Children's Library and meet some of the local kids or our volunteer librarians (at the moment we have one from Germany fluent in English (besides Spanish , German, French and Polish)who will be here through Dec 22.

Hope this information will be helpful. Have a great time with your sons!

hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO