Villa Del Sol

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por shrlyb desde 12.216.60.246 (12-216-60-246.client.mchsi.com) el día martes, 20 de noviembre, 2007 a las 11:45:49 horas :

En respuesta a: Villa Del Sol - The Tides escrito por MTJ desde 80.8.77.32 (AMarigot-101-1-1-32.w80-8.abo.wanadoo.fr) el día sábado, 17 de noviembre, 2007 a las 22:22:01 horas :

Just returned last Saturday 2 wks at VDS/Tides. Many changes but good news is appear to have kept the many long term staff that really makes this place a great place on the beach. Kind of looks to me that the demographic they are after is the newly wed as opposed to to the almost dead - evidenced by the new king size swinging beach bed, along with swings rather than stools at the old cantina. The new uniforms were put in place while we were there - they are - well - neutral - but so now is the entire place. Gone is the signature yellow and those coveted orange striped beach towells (glad I got mine smuggled out years ago!) everything is now neutral - beige. So the place has less of look or feel of Mexico and more neutral. I usually embrace change but found that I have my limits I really don't want anyone messing with my little piece of 2 week paradise. But overall it is the staff and they are what keeps us returning year after year. Oh one thing did not change - big $$ for drinks - they still have the $8 margarite brought to you by you beach butler (there new title).

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO