Re: Netza school

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.39.138 (dsl-189-147-39-138.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 13 de diciembre, 2007 a las 22:30:49 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Netza school escrito por edfromca desde 66.191.173.81 (66-191-173-081.dhcp.gnvl.sc.charter.com) el día jueves, 13 de diciembre, 2007 a las 21:42:55 horas :

I'm not familiar with their finances, but because I believe some of their finances have gone towards helping this and at least one other school in an area of illegal settlements I have not thrown my support in with them. The first year it was apparent to locals that the Sailfest supporters were being used for political purposes without their knowing it because of the yellow Sailfest t-shirts being distributed to them during an election year when the PRD, whose party color is yellow, won their first local elections. I wonder who chose the color? It is no coincidence illegal settlements practically doubled that same year, most of their inhabitants also sporting the same color yellow t-shirts.

I do believe that at least some of the organizers have been made more aware of the problem of supporting schools in illegal settlements, so there is some awareness among them though I don't know how much or what policies they've adopted regarding schools in illegal settlements. I like to think the Sailfest is a positive event where the good outweighs the bad, but I am still reserving my full support for them until I have more information. The problem of the illegal settlements (that continue) is a local socio-political matter of very much importance to me and many of my neighbors who feel this is one of the gravest problems we face as a community, a problem which has condemned the Zihuatanejo community to countless other grave problems for years to come, not the least of which are crime and pollution that we simply should not have.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO