Re: right and wrong

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.39.138 (dsl-189-147-39-138.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 14 de diciembre, 2007 a las 15:31:07 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: right and wrong escrito por Zmon desde 64.136.49.228 (cache04.iad.untd.com) el día viernes, 14 de diciembre, 2007 a las 15:00:58 horas :

You are incorrect. The public servants (i.e. "the government") are encouraging squatting for political reasons. Can't say the government isn't doing anything. What certainly DOESN'T remedy the situation is when foreigners and other non-locals facilitate the theft of our ecologically sensitive public lands. And why should the local government offer any real help to these kids as long as foreigners can be tricked into doing it?

Why help squatters' kids at all? Why not get involved with legally settled and truly needy families instead of the ones playing the corrupt system for personal gain? We have no shortage of needy children or families who legally occupy their lands. I don't understand the obstinate need to help THESE children above all others. My friends and neighbors don't understand it either. And it creates animosity towards those foreigners among the locals who are even aware of this situation, except of course among the locals who stand to benefit financially or politically.

However, if you agree with what has been done "in the name of the children" (sniff, sniff, that always tugs at the heartstrings, doesn't it?) then please don't complain about our rising crime or worsening pollution or missing services and deteriorating quality of life. We'll just remain a third-world community forever so cozy foreigners can feel warm and fuzzy helping squatters' families. Puh-leeze Leweeze, gimme a break!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO