stay the course?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.39.138 (dsl-189-147-39-138.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 14 de diciembre, 2007 a las 18:54:57 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: right and wrong escrito por Zmon desde 64.136.49.228 (cache04.iad.untd.com) el día viernes, 14 de diciembre, 2007 a las 16:08:33 horas :

Well no disrespect amigo, but that's a pretty heavy rap from someone on the outside looking in. I believe if you'll go back into the archives you'll see you underestimate my comprehension of the matter. Actually my sentiments are pretty much the same as the general sentiments of my family, friends and neighbors as well as their family, friends and neighbors. I know you don't keep up very well with what makes local news or what is said about this situation, but the illegal land settlements are a volcano ready to blow, and they make news often.

Let's try a little analogy here. The US went to the "aid" of the "poor Iraqi's", but later realized they relied on bad information and found themselves in the middle of someone else's civil war. So that brings up the current debate about whether it's better for the US to cut their losses and concentrate their efforts where they will do the most good toward their stated objective or "stay the course" stubbornly searching for WMD, spreading "democracy" and possibly generating more hostility against themselves.

(I hope you're still following that analogy, amigo.)

So, now that you can clearly see that (a) you were misled and (b) you're in the middle of someone else's civil war, what do you do? There's your Presidential decision, amigo. G'wan... show'em how it's done! ;~)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO