Re: Charitible school funding facts

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Lisa Martin desde 76.22.108.186 (c-76-22-108-186.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) el día sábado, 15 de diciembre, 2007 a las 17:11:23 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Charitible school funding facts escrito por Vancouvertony desde 216.232.53.88 (aiip8iqy17fa.bc.hsia.telus.net) el día sábado, 15 de diciembre, 2007 a las 15:29:01 horas :

Yes, Larry, thanks for taking time to explain the complex workings, dedication and credibility behind the many well-managed partnership solutions in education by a combined local and informed international donor community, including SailFest, Por Los Ninos De Zihuatanejo, Por los Ninos, The Netza School / Project, and Rotary International (of which I am a proud and long time member), and while we are at it, lets add in Ninos Adelante and many other good, well-run causes in many areas.

There are alot of challenges to doing what we try to do (especially sometimes message boards, and sloppy local newspaper reporting) but combined, and with effort, many hands are making a difference across the city.

I hope some of the hundreds of others who have had a positive experience with the many projects in question will post and share their experience...(sorry, I don't have much time for message boards).

Lisa Martin, Founder & Executive Director
The Netza Project
www.netzaproject.org info@netzaproject.org

Rob - to answer your challenge to my earlier post suggesting your readers get facts from non-profits and associations involved if they have real concerns (I still recommend this, readers) to call the Netza School a "scam" was just going too far, Rob, and an insult to the many locals, families, businesses and others - as well as to the donor community - who have helped out at The Netza School over the last 7 to 8 years. You love to talk about the "squatting" issue which is very complex (perhaps you are an expert?), but all I can report is that The Netza school is on legal land that was deeded by the city to the state long ago, to be a badly needed school. State inspectors recently named it the best quality multi-lingual school in the state based on the integrity of its management, curriculum and student activities - that's the kind of news people need to hear!

As to the 4 staffers that have made alleged mismanagement charges against Director Marina (they have not resigned Rob, but stirred up unwelcome and highly disruptive trouble with a minority group of parents), its been under very open and professional State Dept of Education and PTA investigation, and in the present stages I understand that their claims have been proven false and even some documents were doctored and contrived. They represent an unhappy minority of a hard working staff of 18, and need to find other jobs - let's hope they do so, and allow Marina and her dedicated staff get on with the business of educating the kids.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO