the scam

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.39.138 (dsl-189-147-39-138.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día domingo, 16 de diciembre, 2007 a las 11:46:09 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Charitible school funding facts escrito por Lisa Martin desde 76.22.108.186 (c-76-22-108-186.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) el día sábado, 15 de diciembre, 2007 a las 17:11:23 horas :

Lisa, the scam I referred to was the whole process of squatting on land, getting a school built, and thus obtaining the title to the land. You and I and many others were fooled by the entire spiel Marina gave regarding helping indigenous children to receive a bilingual education in their own school when the plan originated almost 10 years ago. But when I did catch on and sounded the warning, it was not well received by the foreigner supporters of Netza and Nueva Creación but instead I was labeled "the enemy" and the foreigners supporting these two schools carried on with even greater fervor.

Well, the schools got built, and Sra. Sánchez got her political appointment in the previous administration for delivering the votes, and the zoning laws were changed, and now the land titles are being issued slowly but surely just in time for another municipal election. All very predictable, which was why I tried to warn everyone years ago. Too bad that people's egos and agendas appeared to get in the way and my warning went unheeded by enough people that the damage is now done just as predicted.

Your casual dismissal of the ongoing problems being reported by "sloppy newspapers and message boards" is another mistake on your part, in my humble opinion. The problems are real and recurring and show every sign of only worsening. Whether the teachers resigned or not is not the issue, it is only one of many signs that something is wrong. I don't share your opinion of our state's educational authorities, and I doubt most residents of our state would. They are very politically motivated, and if they were anywhere near as professional as you allude to in your comments then we would not be one of the states with the lowest levels of education in a country with one of the lowest levels of education in the world.

To suggest that readers get the unbiased facts from the non-profits and associations involved is a bit disingenuous. If you're a player then you can't be unbiased. While certainly the info Larry and you have provided here has helped shed light on the situation, it is still only an incomplete part of the story. But thank you very much for taking the time and effort to participate and share your views on this message board.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO