Re: Arch. ruins near Petatlan?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Kate desde 68.97.151.243 (ip68-97-151-243.ok.ok.cox.net) el día domingo, 30 de diciembre, 2007 a las 22:29:45 horas :

En respuesta a: Arch. ruins near Petatlan? escrito por rich in Washington desde 207.118.53.89 (?) el día domingo, 30 de diciembre, 2007 a las 10:55:03 horas :

La Chole is off the beaten path for sure. It is definitely not Chichen Itza or Tulum. If you like an adventure, it's worth it. Take a bottle of water with you, because the climb up the hill is not easy. It's through a very wooded area, but even with the shade it is pretty hot and humid. Also, douse yourself with bug spray. We got eaten up by the mosquitoes, although we had put plenty of Auton on us before and during the hike. Also, wear some decent walking shoes. Flip-flops would not be a good idea for the hike. There is a magnificent cactus part of the way up the hill. Our friends told us that its estimated age was around 400 years. The cactus is huge. We climbed on the rocks that are part of the "pyramid." However, we decided not to go down inside the cave because of the bats and critters. The view from the top was great. You could look down over the fields of coconut trees and it was spectacular. In the little town nearby the site, they have a unique Church and a small museum. The museum was basically in what looked like someone's home and they had a few glass cases filled with some archeological pieces. Also, some artifacts hanging on the walls, etc. It was a few years back that we went, so things may be different now. We didn't have to pay very much to have a local walk us up the hillside to view the site. If I knew how to upload a picture, I'd attach several for you to see. But . . . I'll have to figure that one out sometime in '08. Hope you make it over to La Chole.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO