support

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.11.147 (dsl-189-147-11-147.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 28 de febrero, 2008 a las 14:25:02 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Where to send letters of protest escrito por Gregorio desde 24.6.160.185 (c-24-6-160-185.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) el día jueves, 28 de febrero, 2008 a las 13:51:43 horas :

Hola Gregorio,

Although my wife and I were among the founding participants in the ongoing anti-pier movement "El Pueblo en Defensa de la Bahía de Zihuatanejo", we feel, same as other friends and neighbors who were also active in the first months, that it has essentially been hi-jacked by the so-called "ecologists" (who seem oblivious to any other ecological problem unrelated to Puerto Mío's attempt to build a pier) with their particular agendas and political alliances that make us and other friends and neighbors feel uncomfortable. We also feel that our objective has been accomplished and that the organization's original raison d'être no longer exists. So to answer your question, while my wife and I sympathize with any true endeavor or "cause" to protect, restore and preserve our natural environment, not just because it is our principal tourist attraction but because it is part of the principles we live by, we do not endorse any local "ecological organization" per se.

One of the main reasons the community at large does not give much credence or support to any of our so-called "ecological organizations" is because they appear notoriously absent from all of our ecological problems with the exception of the pier opposition and specifically with their fixation of Puerto Mío's espigón and their pier and marina project. That is just one of the public perceptions that hurts their credibility. There are others.

So we, like most of our friends, rely on our informal community networking to do what we can to safeguard our community values and keep Zihuatanejo a nice place to live and to visit. In other words, we support our friends and neighbors. Every little bit helps, and that's what being a real community is all about. =)

¡Viva Zihuatanejo!

Follow Ups:

• P.S. - ZihuaRob 10:00:40 02/29/2008

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO