Trip Report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Sharon MN desde 75.73.156.242 (c-75-73-156-242.hsd1.mn.comcast.net) el día sábado, 01 de marzo, 2008 a las 11:39:43 horas :

Hello,
My daughter and I returned Tuesday after 10 glorious days in Z and surrounding areas. Here are the highlights:

We stayed at a new hotel, Villas Las Azucenas, in back of Villa Mexicana just off of La Ropa. It is a beutiful, small botique hotel with traditional natural wooden architecture, marble floors and creative stone accents. We had a room with a king size bed and dining area including a microwave, sink, dishes and fridge. There is both a fan, which is all we needed, and air conditioning. In the lobby area there is a patio with tables and chairs to relax and socialize. It is family owned and operated by a charming and friendly young couple. Her name is Azucena-Lily and so is her infant daughter's, hence the name Vilas Las Azucenas. Our stay was delightful, I highly recommend this villa to everyone. The access to La Ropa is an easy 1/2 block away without any steps. There is off street parking provided and a taxi stand nearby.
They are still designing their web page www.lasazucenas.com.mx, the contact information is las_azucenas@hotmail.com or by phone 52-755-544-6593 or 52-755-100-2643.

Other highlights are:

We went to the cooking class at Casa Frida in La Barra, it was a fun, worthwhile experience to get to see Casa Frida and socialize with everyone at the class. The lunch was tasty too.

Frest fruit plates each morning.

The Sunday celebration at the basketball court.

We visited Troncones for the first time and loved walking the beaches.

Silvia, a waitress at Zihua Pancake House, was fantastic! Her smile and welcome is genuine and radiant. She was friendly and gives off a very positive vibe. We usually only visit a restaurant once because we have so many on our list that we want to try but we went back a second time just because of her.

Tacos al Pastor

Favorite restaurants:

De Donde Eres
Zihua Blue
La Casa Vieja
Chendos
La Cocina del Sol at Hacienda Eden in Troncones
Zihua Pancake House
El Gallito, tacos al pastor

Sharon

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO