Drawings & Paintings - Cri Cri

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Cri Cri desde 208.123.13.4 (?) el día viernes, 07 de marzo, 2008 a las 12:52:28 horas :

Some of the most enjoyable days of my life have been spent roaming the streets, and enjoying the company of the people of Zihuatanejo. After I was unable to travel any more, I was still able to put my memories on paper and canvas. I tell myself, every day, how lucky I have been to have taken that Flecha Roja bus to Zihuatanejo, those 50 and more years ago.

After my time in WWll, flying on 33 missions in a B-24 bomber in the South Pacific. and graduating From the Mpls Collage of Art & Design, I headed down to Mexico. After about a week in Acapulco, I ran into a couple that had just come down, by bus, from Zihuatanejo. They told me about the bus being emptied while the bus drove across the stream. Then they would all take off their shoes and socks, wade across the river, and get in the bus again. On my next trip to Mexico. I took the Flecha Roja bus to "Z." I haven't been the same since. And thanks to Rob's board, I know what is going on every day in Zihuatanejo.

I spent about 30 years in advertising. Most of the time as an Art Director for a small Publishing Co. I retired early, to spend the rest of my life painting. For about 10 years I did Wildlife Art. I then moved back to my little home town in northern Minnesota. Since moving back, I have devoted my time painting and recording the history of this part of the country during the 1930's & 40's. I am including the web-site with my paintings. All you need to do is type Lysaker in the search box.
Cri Cri
mnartists.org

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO