Recent Trip and Tour Report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Ron Radono desde 75.70.220.71 (c-75-70-220-71.hsd1.co.comcast.net) el día sábado, 22 de marzo, 2008 a las 11:37:38 horas :

My wife and I stayed at Las Brisas from March 1 thru 8. The hotel is “isolated” and they have a nice beach area that is nearly “private” because you have to go through the hotel and down the elevator to get to it. The rooms are very nice. Every room has a large balcony looking out to the ocean, a nice seating area, big / clean bathrooms with lots of hot water. The beach area was very nice with lots of Palapas so you don’t have to get up in the middle of the night to “throw your towel down” and stake out your spot. In fact the beach area was sparsely populated. The pool area was also very nice and wide open as well. The only complaint I would have would be with the restaurants. Although there are several, they are over priced and, if you want lunch, you need to go to the pool area restaurant which opens at noon. Breakfast is buffet style and $20!!! We took the “European option” which was continental breakfast and a 6-7pm happy hour. The breakfast was cereal, fruit, rolls, and some unusual scrambled egg stuff. We stuck to the cereal / juice / fruit / rolls. For us, the happy hour seemed a little late and we only got there 3 times during the week. The drink selection and quality was good.

One of the best parts of our visit was the tour we took of the area with Carlos Garcia. He speaks great English and showed us a lot we would have otherwise not seen. This is not your typical tour. Carlos takes you in his taxi and you visit many interesting areas the tour companies don’t go. Best of all, you get that perfect service from this very safe driver for less than the tour busses charge.

We toured many interesting areas in and around Zihua, La Barra de Potosí, La Ropa, Playa Larga and all the way down to Petatlan (they have a great market for gold jewelry down there) and a beautiful / historic cathedral there. We also got a chance to see coconut processing (by hand / the old fashioned way), tile making and an interesting archeological sight along the way.

He has other tour options if you have done “done all of the above”.

Carlos also gave us some great tips on places to eat and shop and we arranged drop offs and pick ups during the week. Carlos was very helpful and made our 8 days a lot more enjoyable and comfortable, I highly recommend this if you have the time.

You can reach Carlos at email address juanservitaxi@hotmail.com

This was our second trip to this area. Our first was last year and our next will be in February or March next year and, hopefully, many years to come. You will not regret a visit to this area. The temperature was in the mid 80’s with a nice breeze and very little humidity. It is a wonderful place for a relaxing vacation. This is a place to relax and not your typical rowdy spring break crowd.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO