Zihuatanejo - Old or New ?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Cri Cri desde 208.123.13.4 (?) el día miércoles, 16 de abril, 2008 a las 13:45:50 horas :

For the last couple of days I have been "Reminiscing." I've been looking at hundreds of old slides and photos of Zihuatanejo, mostly circa 50's & 60's.

During my air Corps days in WWII, I spent some time near a small town called San Jose, on the Island of Mindoro. After my discharge and finishing school on the G.I. Bill, I took a trip to Mexico. Talked to some people about a village up the coast from Acapulco. They told me it was BEAUTIFUL! The next year, I went to Z. It changed my life. It reminded me so much of San Jose. The town and the people were BEAUTIFUL.

So here I sit . Looking at the pictures. and feeling the memories. Knowing I am now too old to return again to Zihuatanejo.

When I read the trip reports, the subject is, usually, "Where is he best place to eat?"

I would like to be able to ask the fine people, I knew back then. "Which would you prefer. "The Old Zihuatanejo or the New Zihuatanejo?"

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO