You Got It!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.146.143 (dsl-189-179-146-143-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 30 de junio, 2009 a las 13:30:52 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: How old is "old"? escrito por Cri Cri desde 208.123.43.33 (?) el día lunes, 29 de junio, 2009 a las 20:22:24 horas :

"I can still close my eyes and Remember, and see Zihuatanejo."

And Zihuatanejo will always remember you!

You said it so well, mi querido amigo.

The Zihuatanejo you remember is the best of our "paradise" that we are trying to restore and preserve as best we can, often against some formidable forces and "special" interests.

Just today Lupita and I were listening to a morning radio talk show, and we couldn't believe we were listening to a supposed "responsible authority" saying we needed to put fences around the crocodiles at La Ropa and Playa Linda so that there "wouldn't be any incidents to lament."

HELLO???

It would certainly be lamentable if humans became so stupid that we could no longer learn to live side by side with nature without having to fence in all the wildlife! If anything needs fencing in its "human civilization".

In other words (back to the subject)...

"Old" has a lot to do with attitude. My ninety-something year old neighbor may have a fairly aged body, but my goodness what youthful vigor reverberates in her. Though she can barely walk, she wants to go to every party, and once there she always wants to dance. Whenever she recalls life here along the coast as far back as the 1920's, her enthusiasm for life during all those years and to this day is obvious.

And of course we all know folks who were "old" way before their time, adopting the mannerisms of their parents and even their grandparents by the time they're 30 or so.

So "old" or "young" can be very relative. So what if you can't run around like a kid any more. Do you really need to after being so active for so long? Though your body may slow you down, it doesn't mean that your youthful enthusiasm for life does. And THAT'S what it's ALL ABOUT! =)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO