Trip report -Catalina and Fishing...

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por don & brynn from california desde 69.44.240.229 (69-44-240-229.mrc.clearwire-dns.net) el día martes, 07 de julio, 2009 a las 23:00:27 horas :

Just back from a week in Zihua. Been coming down for 14 years now. Catalina Hotel is our new home away from home now (2nd time and many more to come)...Celso,Javier,Cesar and the staff were always a delight to be around and they treat us very well.We absoulutely love this place! We will be back to our favorite room in November. We usually go in November now,so this was a special getaway treat to escape the madness of work and a good place to celebrate 23 GLORIOUS years of marriage. It was pretty humid the last two days, but prior to that it would rain at night and be fine during the day..It was a nice change of pace to see clouds and rain occasionally.Just settled into the routine of breakfast at the hotel, then some pool time, and then spend the afternoon at the beach palapa....then usually into town for dinner....Repeat each day after that. We have been coming down for so long we have done all the "must do's". I did go fishing on Tuesday and hooked 5 Rooster fish, which I gotta tell you is a thrill of a lifetime if this is your first experience with this fish. I have caught many sailfish,tuna and dorado in the years coming down there, but these do not compare to fighthing a 60lb rooster on the surf line from the bow of a panga with light tackle! Not for the faint of heart....Temo and Luis of Temo's Sportfishing Charters were captain and mate...very professioanl and they know where the fish are. Highly recommend getting a hold of Temo who can be found in front of his shop on the walk in front of the water just down from the pier where he can hook you up with many of the fine captains/boats he represents. Hit our usual spots for dinner..Los Brasero's,Caprichio's for our anniversary dinner and then were blown away by how good the Coconut Shrimp and Stuffed Chile Relleno were at Lety's....to die for is an understatement. Can't wait for that dinner again.
Thats about it.....just really enjoyed walking around or into town and enjoying the wonderfull people of Zihua. The best part as always is being able to share such a magical place with the love of my life who is my incredible wife.See you in November!
Don & Brynn

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO