troncones trip report june 20- july 8

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por colorado boy desde 75.171.171.93 (75-171-171-93.hlrn.qwest.net) el día sábado, 11 de julio, 2009 a las 13:29:56 horas :

this is our fifth trip in five years to troncones. we were lucky to be able to spend 19 days in troncones this year.

people- my wife jenny(who had brain surgery three months ago), oldest son noah(4 years old), youngest son bode(18 months old) and mother-in-law nancy(she stayed for 8 days).

flights- booked through continental airlines. denver to houston to zihua. paid $307 total with all taxes. booked in february. all flights were on time and mostly full.

car- booked through hertz. paid $368 total for a suv for 19 days. good deal. although i did have a flat tire on a very bad road.. lucky that the spare was in good shape and that the jack was in the car.

lodging- stayed at casas gregorio in troncones. that is the only place that we have ever stayed at. we have no reason to stay anywhere else. ernesto was there when we drove up and had cold beer in the fridge waiting for us. ernesto is one of the reasons why we keep coming back to casas gregorio. he is very friendly and knows everything about the area. this year we meet some very cool people that were also staying at casas gregorio. joe, adam, stacy, and jen were just awesome people to hang around with. they played with our boys like they were their own. we shared great laughs and conversations with all of them. steve and patrick were from california. it was their first time to troncones and they were surfers. it was a great pleasure to play surf guide for them and myself. i took them to the ranch and we enjoyed double overhead waves. the next group of people that we meet we three germans who were traveling mexico surfing. like wise with them, i took them to the ranch also. the next and final group of people that we meet were ernesto's girlfriend's extended family. carman's two boys alberto and carlos were just so great playing with my two boys in the pool. one of the highlights was seeing ernesto's baby jonathon. what a cutie. never heard him cry once. everybody that we meet were simply great in every way.

surf- surfed the ranch several days. most days in was head to double overhead. the other days i surfed la boca rivermouth. the biggest days were triple overhead with long lined-up walls. i do have to mention the second day that we were there... i think that a tropical storm was offshore and the surf in front of casas gregorio was in the 20-25 foot range. it was amazing to watch the waves and tide coming in.

eating- we ate at all of the places that were open this time of the year. on the 4th of july... cafe sol had a pig roast. good food and cold beer. it great to see christian year after year. i paid my respects to him about the passing of his best friend dwayne. he will be missed. also while we were there.. anita passed away. very sad to see the funeral procession as it went through the village. troncones has lost two very unique people in a very short period of time.

we are already counting the days to next year. ernesto thanks again for everything.... see you in the sun!!!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO