Re: Rob, can you tell us a story?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.110.144.152 (dsl-201-110-144-152-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 07 de agosto, 2009 a las 19:46:36 horas :

En respuesta a: Rob, can you tell us a story? escrito por Judy in PDX desde 76.115.103.142 (c-76-115-103-142.hsd1.or.comcast.net) el día viernes, 07 de agosto, 2009 a las 18:20:19 horas :

Well, in '72 I was in St. Croix playing marathon backgammon sessions every day after school with my bud Chris Levi, bodysurfing nekkid at Halfpenny Bay as much as I could and snorkeling at Jack's Bay and Isaac's Bay the rest of the time. Evenings were spent drinking rum punch and dancing to Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, and Jethro Tull songs played pretty darn well by the house band at Mahogany Inn (aka Agony Inn). And that was the year I also went to the Mar y Sol Pop Festival at Vega Baja in Puerto Rico (with no ticket, no tent, and no spare clothes) where a buddy of mine got macheted to death while he was sleeping in his tent, and we saw the moon rise green over the coconut grove through kodachrome eyes while Alice Cooper hung himself onstage and Dr. John sprinkled us with gris gris dust. Took a week to recover from that festival! Ahhhh yes, THOSE were the days.

But I didn't make it to Las Gatas until a couple of years later. We were living in La Ropa just past John and Carol's "stick house" where the road to El Capricho del Rey branches off uphill (there's a big boulder on the rocky part of the beach there). There was NOTHING at Las Gatas then except Arnoldo's (Noyo's dad), Carlo's (Jean Claud's dad), Oliverio's, and Owen's place. Some Italians were staying at the Hotel California Bungalow at Owen's place where we held the first Las Gatas International Backgammon and Spliff Championship. Can't recall who won, but I'm pretty sure it had to be me. =)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO