More like a torrent

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.140.147 (dsl-189-179-140-147-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 16 de septiembre, 2009 a las 14:50:22 horas :

En respuesta a: Finally a nice rain escrito por LadyM in Zihua desde 189.179.140.224 (dsl-189-179-140-224-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 16 de septiembre, 2009 a las 14:01:20 horas :

Easy for you to wish it would last, you live upstairs and won't get flooded when the canal fails and starts jetting out water from the poorly constructed pluvial drainage canal built a few years ago at the intersection of Avenida La Boquita with Juan N. Álvarez. Cinco de Mayo is practically impassable as are many other downtown streets right now.

But as long as the lights and TV channels hold out (not like last night) we're good.

The parade was indeed a good one today. Only lasted an hour and all of the schools stayed on theme. The cloudcover kept things nice and cool.

At the end of the parade the mayor came down to where we were at my neighbor's home, doña Caritina, where she presented him with two enlarged framed autographed photos from 1952 of Zihuatanejo's first municipal government administration in which she was also the first female regidora in the state. I may accidentally end up in the papers tomorrow todo greñudo since I was standing behind her when all the photographers started clicking away. Didn't mean to ruin the photos. Oops!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO