Re: Merry Christmas to you, Cri Cri

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob [ Boardmaster ] el día lunes, 21 de diciembre, 2009 a las 21:37:50 horas :

En respuesta a: los ninos de Zihuatanejo,,,,,,,,, escrito por Cri Cri desde 208.123.43.190 (?) el día lunes, 21 de diciembre, 2009 a las 20:48:45 horas :

íHola Cri Cri!

It's wonderful to hear from you! I hope you are warm and well in your winter wonderland.

Lupita is still going through the boxes of photos you sent. I can tell she's already planning the next exposition, drawing from her experience with the past ones. Planning their captions and the order of their showing on the CD she will make to accompany the exposition. She spends hours going through them, daydreaming I'm sure.

You certainly did create a treasure trove of images of old Zihuatanejo that are preserved hopefully forever, a Zihuatanejo that the older residents cherish and which we use as a measuring stick to try to keep the town's charms intact. When a former mayor was considering building a pier for cruise ships in the bay it was one of your photos that she used to remind the mayor and the other "public servants" of their duties regarding exactly what we are trying to protect and preserve.

You knew Zihuatanejo during its most enchanting years, before the masses arrived and the hooplah began as so many folks from somewhere else arrived and started to milk the Zihuatanejo cash cow for all they could get, most forgetting to give back to that from which they were taking. You are surely fortunate to have ever experienced and been a part of that Zihuatanejo.

And I doubt that a day goes by without someone here thinking of you, whether looking at one of your photos or reading what you have written here or just remembering those halcyon days which you were a part of. Lupita is of course one of your biggest fans, and I know she will do what she can so that more folks will see and remember Zihuatanejo through your eyes.

Merriest of Christmases to you, dear friend. May you enjoy many more.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO