Final update on Lorene Wingard

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por LadyM in Arkansas () via proxy desde 75.121.50.125 (75-121-50-125.dyn.centurytel.net) el día sábado, 09 de enero, 2010 a las 18:56:20 horas :

Lorene Janice Wingard of Augusta, Arkansas passed away Friday, January 8, 2010. She was 84 years old. She lived for 54 years in Calico Rock, Arkansas and lived the past 10 years in Augusta, Arkansas and was a part-time resident of Zihuatanejo, Mexico for 40 years.

Lorene was born March 19, 1925 in Byers, Oklahoma to Roy & Edna (Stone) Beck. She was a faithful member of the First Baptist Church of Augusta & a member of the 50 Plus. Lorene was an Author & Historian of Mexico. Most of all she was a beloved mother, grandmother and friend. She loved working at Bill’s Pharmacy & was their Director of Public Relations. She loved to greet everyone that walked through the door, especially with a big smile on her face.

She is preceded in death by her parents and by her husband, Jim Wingard. She is survived by daughter, Carol Marchant & husband Paul of Alaska & Mexico, a son, Jim Wingard & wife Sheila of Cotter, Arkansas, a daughter, Mary Crabtree & husband Bill of Augusta; one brother, Glen Beck of Wayne, OK; three sisters, Wanda (Doodle) Graham & husband Jerry of Wayne, OK, Mary Beth Cunningham of Washington, OK, Theta Kenney of Port Aransas, TX; five grandchildren, Alan Harber, Jennifer Bausinger, John Dixon, Maria Weeks, Jamie Dawe; two step-grandchildren, Ashley Berkshire & husband Michael, Jason Crook; ten great-grandchildren, Will & Kate Bausinger, Cierra, Johnna & Mason Dixon, Ashley & Evan Ray, Clayton, Ellery & Grant Dawe; four step-great grandchildren, Ben, Graham & Jacob Weeks, Drew Berkshire; a host of friends & family, including her Zihuatanejo Family, Julio, Osiria, Valeria, Julian & Emiliano Bustos and an adopted grandson, Santos Funes.

Augusta Visitation is Monday, January 11 from 6-8 P.M. at Rhodes Chapel,

Augusta. Augusta Service is Tuesday, January 12 at 9:30 A.M. at the First Baptist Church, Augusta with Bro. Max Sharp officiating. Calico Rock Service is Tuesday at 3 P.M. at Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Calico Rock with Bro. Wayne Wood officiating. Calico Rock visitation will be immediately preceding the 3 P.M. service. Burial will be at Roselawn Cemetery, Calico Rock. Arrangements by Rhodes and Son Funeral Home, Augusta & McCrory.

Augusta Pallbearers are John Dixon, Scott Weeks, Santos Funes, Bobby Bowen, John Norton & Bill Crabtree. Calico Rock Pallbearers are John Dixon, Paul Bausinger, Matt Dawe, Harold Ray Jeffery, Reed Mack Perryman & Michael Berkshire. Honorary Pallbearers are Paul Marchant, Alan Harber, Jason Crook, David Arthur & Tony Smith.

-----------------------------------------------------------

First of all I can tell you that I never expected that Mother would not survive this surgery. I just figured this was another little tope in the road and all would be well soon. Mother, I can only assume, felt the same or she would not have chosen this as an option she wanted. The doctor fixed her heart just fine. The problem was that although she looked strong on the outside her body was just too fragile to withstand this trama. She was a real trooper and did all that was asked of her after surgery. Those of you who knew her would have been proud. We were.

I would really like to thank all of you for your kindness to me during this hard time. All the e-mails that I have recieved have helped me remain somewhat sane. I have never had anything so difficult for me.

Mother and I have talked several times about when this would happen. She was very strong willed on what she wanted done with her. My brother, sister, and I are trying to make her happy for this last time.

In lieu of flowers Mother has asked for donations to be made for her young friend Julieta Vargas. For those of you who do not know, Julieta is a young friend of Mothers who is going to Medical school in Acapulco. If interested in this just contact me.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO