Sea Eqvt Of Forest Clear Cutting

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por mexbungalows () via proxy desde 201.144.87.36 (static.customer-201-144-87-36.uninet-ide.com.mx) el día jueves, 04 de marzo, 2010 a las 23:29:05 horas :

En respuesta a: Why I'm not eating shrimp escrito por ZihuaRob [ Boardmaster ] el día jueves, 04 de marzo, 2010 a las 22:11:38 horas :

These things drag chains and suck everything up off the bottom including beer bottles, license plates, forage fish, bait, sports fish and whatever else they can dump on deck. It all piles on the deck when they open the net and most sealife are already dead from being hammered in the mass of flesh in the net. The shrimpers take everything that has any kind of value and then scupper the rest overboard, dead. When I can find them which isn't often I much prefer camarones cristales, which come from brackish rather than sea water and must be taken by lancha and net. Cristales don't have pronounced red stripes and Mexican shoppers seem to shun them. When cooked the stripes appear and to me the brackish water makes them taste sweeter. Don't know about local cristales availability though.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO