Butterflies - day 2

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura (72.169.250.160) via proxy desde 72.171.0.149 (host72171001490.direcway.com) el día miércoles, 14 de abril, 2010 a las 22:52:30 horas :

100_3944

Amazing progress! PS...Tony, you are absolutely right about our needing ladders.

100_3933

100_3910
100_3936
100_3920

Beautiful! As the mural unfolds this experience more and more shows itself as a true community project. It has a life of it's own that we will see only when it is done. Thanks to Jeff and Sally (boarders from MN) for knowing how to use their talents and skills to bring this creativity out of the kids!

The kids show up excited before the library opens anxious to get started. They leave talking about what time they can come back the next day to work more on their butterfly.

About the postcards...Jeff, I'll be happy to send some to you when I am in the States in a couple of weeks if you send me your address in a private email. I can't just yet see how we can manage international mail order at this point.

The postcards are individually made by the kids on paper they also make themselves from their own recycled art paper. Beautiful images created by the kids of La Barra reflecting their unique paradise home!

Hasta pronto,
Laura

P.S. here's a little video...

Day 2 butterfly mural at the Children's Library of Barra de Potosí

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO