A Taste of Z.....at El Manglar: Photos

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por JoanieBlon () via proxy desde 96.252.219.198 (pool-96-252-219-198.tampfl.fios.verizon.net) el día miércoles, 02 de junio, 2010 a las 06:58:04 horas :

I've JUST started going through the 100s and 100s of photos I took while in Mexico. It's going to take awhile to go through them all and edit the keepers. Once that's done, I *hope* to be able to put together a more comprehensive trip report of our experiences in Morelia, Patzcuaro and Zihuatanejo with PHOTOS. :~)

In the meantime, here's a little taste of Zihua ~ taken at El Manglar on Playa Ropa.

One of the resident adult crocodilos. This guy was just yards from the beach ~ but behind a chain link fence. The low, wooden walkway from the beach to the restaurant didn't offer ANY protection if this guy was hungry or aggitated!

Our waiter told us that there is a pair of adult crocs and 5 babies in the area.

A large termite nest in the mangroves.

There were lots of some type of herons (?) nesting in the mangroves....lots of iguanas too, but they were impossible to photograph.

Paco Taco ~ the resident cat at El Manglar. He managed to charm a treat out of me... ;~) Hope he continues to elude the crocs! We constantly have incidents of alligators grabbing pet dogs here in Florida.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO