La Casa Encantada - In El Pueblo Encantado!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por JoanieBlon () via proxy desde 173.78.21.217 (pool-173-78-21-217.tampfl.fios.verizon.net) el día viernes, 11 de junio, 2010 a las 16:02:00 horas :

Mike and I stayed at La Casa Encantada while we were in Patzcuaro. It looked lovely online and is HIGHLY rated on TripAdvisor. Now that we’ve stayed there, I can’t imagine staying anywhere else in Patzcuaro! It’s conveniently located just around the corner from La Plaza Grande, on a fairly quiet street.

Our experience was 1st Class from my initial email contact requesting reservations all the way to us checking out. I cannot say enough about Cynthia, one of the owners, who went out of her way to promptly answer any and all questions and to make our visit to Patzcuaro and the surrounding area one to remember. There is bi-lingual staff available each day until about 8pm to help with plans or offer advice.

Mike and I stayed in the Gran Sala Suite, which is located off the first courtyard in the front of the building, facing Dr. Coss street. This suite has two COMFORTABLE king beds, two fireplaces, gas heat, a casual sitting area, a dining table with four chairs, a kitchen with a small fridge, gas burner stovetop, bottled water, dining service, bottled water, etc., and a bathroom that was designed so that each sleeping area could enter and use the bathroom with complete privacy.

Because it was off-season (May) and we stayed 4 nights, we were able to get a great rate for the suite ~ just a tiny bit more than US $100 per night! The price included a full bottle of wine on arrival and a hot breakfast with fruit, juice, coffee, tea, breads, pastries, etc., each morning. The breakfast was served up in the lovely original kitchen of the house.

Many of the unoccupied rooms were left open in the morning to air out, and I can say that I would be happy in ANY of them, although it WAS nice to have such roomy accommodations! (and ESPECIALLY at SUCH a GREAT price!!)

Here are some extensive photos of the WONDERFUL La Casa Encantada.

La Casa Encantada from Dr. Coss street. Our suite was to the left of the entrance. The two windows looked out from our main room.

The first courtyard looking towards the kitchen.

Some of the EXTENSIVE folk art on the property. I have NEVER seen SO MUCH original folk art in any hotel or B&B! At times I wondered if the owners purchased La Casa Encantada so they would have a place to display their folk art collection!!

The first courtyard looking from the kitchen to the entrance gate.

Beautiful calla lilies growing in the courtyard. All the flowers on the property were breathtaking.

The second courtyard.

Grand Sala entry area, showing the seating area by the fireplace.

Seating area, fireplace, and shelves filled with folkart.

The windows looking out to the street. These had wood shutters inside that could be closed and locked at night.

View into the first courtyard from inside the Gran Sala Suite.

The kitchen area, which had a hand-made copper sink, at the end of the main room.

Dining table and king bed in the main room. Note the intricate hand-painted ceiling.

Ceiling detail.

Main room bed and doorways into the private bedroom and the bathroom.

Looking into the bedroom and bathroom from the dining area.

The private bedroom ~ which had its own corner fireplace.

Looking from the bedroom out into the dining area.

Views of the bathroom which was finished with hand-painted Mexican tile.

The main kitchen area where breakfast was prepared. There was fruit, tea and coffee available at all hours. The dining area of the kitchen had a computer for the use of guests ~ and from which I did my “live from Patzcuaro” trip reports. WiFi was also available. The dining area had a fireplace as well as additional heating for the chilly winter months. Even in May, the fireplace in the dining area was welcome during breakfast!

Just a TINY sample of all the fantastic art at La Casa Encantada.

This was a lamp in our bedroom.

A painted religious icon.

Carved furniture and art in the first courtyard.

I collect catrinas, and would have LOVED to take these fine examples home with me!

I just cannot adequately convey what a marvelous place La Casa Encantada is! I DID NOT want to leave! I hope that what I’ve written along with the photos will convince you that a trip to Patzcuaro is a MUST and that La Casa Encantada in THE place to stay!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO