Re: Aaaaaaah Phuket......!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Scott desde 115.132.208.135 (132.115.in-addr.arpa) el día viernes, 30 de julio, 2010 a las 03:17:40 horas :

En respuesta a: Aaaaaaah Phuket......! escrito por KR () via proxy desde 76.175.217.2 (cpe-76-175-217-2.socal.res.rr.com) el día martes, 27 de julio, 2010 a las 13:54:46 horas :

I will have to go back and do Thailand properly, for sure. I heard a lot about Chiang Mai. Your camping trip there does sound like an amazing experience. Next time I go to Thailand, I'm going to travel and do things like that, this time I just hung out in Phuket. After two months in rural Bali, in a villa in the middle of the rice fields more than an hour east of Kuta, I was just happy to be back in the real world. I got more than enough of the "real Bali" experience, that I was happy just to hang out in Phuket and not do too much besides the typical going to the beach, nightclubs, bars, etc., stuff I didn't do so much in Bali.

I came the closest to dying that I've ever felt in Patong. I got run over by two out of control aussie chicks on jetski, they damn near killed me, but the wave they lost control on was large enough that it literally carried them right over me. The last thing I saw was the bottom of their jetski before getting knocked down by them, but the wave was big enough that they didn't crush me. I'm not a fan of the watersports on the beach in Phuket. Believe it or not, I think they have it more under control in Mexico. For example in Ixtapa, the para sail guys blow whistles and section off areas of the beach where people are supposed to land, in Patong they crash on the beach wherever they happen to land.

It's nice to know there are some good tuk-tuk guys, because after 2 months in Bali + 1 in Thailand, these "transport" and "tuk-tuk" guys are driving me nuts. I like to walk, on vacation typically at least 2-3 hours every day around town, and the tuk-tuk guys asking if I need transportation every 30 seconds getting very annoying. Another thing about Thailand is that they don't like to walk much, they have motorbike taxis that I've never seen in Mexico, that take people short distances. So even just walking down the street the motorbikes would stop asking if I wanted a ride.

I'm now in Kuala Lumpur. The 2-star hotel where I am cost $139 for today. You win some you lose some I guess. The room isn't half as nice as the $20 room in Phuket. But averaged over 3 nights it was still the cheapest "same-day" reservation on Expedia. And then on the 1st, back to Bali.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO