Blind date

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob [ Boardmaster ] el día miércoles, 11 de agosto, 2010 a las 19:52:05 horas :

En respuesta a: What is it like to live in Ixtapa or Z all year round? escrito por Mexicofan () via proxy desde 74.61.94.10 (74-61-94-10.hou.clearwire-wmx.net) el día miércoles, 11 de agosto, 2010 a las 10:23:17 horas :

Since no one who actually lives here has responded I guess I'll go ahead.

I get the impression you mean "retire" or "vacation for extended periods" here and not actually "make a living" here, since there is a huge difference. I can't really answer to the former since I came here to live my life, not just pass leisure time.

Like moving anywhere, you need to spend 3 months, at the very minimum, to get an idea what living there is really like. Rent a place and pay the bills and do the shopping and figure out how to get around. You'll quickly run into and hopefully get over the hurdles or else you'll decide it's not worth it.

Here and in the Virgin Islands and even in Florida I've seen lots of folks come and go, many disillusioned, some burned out, some broken, some dead before their time. Living someplace like Guerrero, Mexico should not be taken lightly or on a whim. If there isn't something here you truly love then I doubt you'd be happy here.

While the place has certainly grown, it's no Acapulco or Morelia. There is very little to do, and most of the gringos and Canadians seem to hang out with each other though there are some who have acculturated themselves quite well.

It depends on your expectations. Give it a shot. Really, only you can decide for yourself. ;~)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO